Permit of stay for pending employment requested by no european citizens.

The permit of stay for pending employment is regulated by Art. 22, legislative Decree n. 286/98 and its following motifications; Art 37 DPR 394/99 and its following motifications; Art. 39 Bis 1 legislative Decree n. 71/2018 and its following modifications.

The permit of stay for pending employment can be requested by no European citizen who has obtained, in Italy, an educational qualification (doctorate, university master, three-year degree/master degree, first/second level academic diploma or higher technical diploma).

The issued permit of stay, in order to seek an employment or to start a business, consistent with the completed training, has a duration not less 9 mounths and not more than 12 mounths.
The conversion of the permit of stay from study to pending employment must be requested to Questura of the city, where one lives temporarily, through Post Office, filling the appropriate forms (kit), proving a year minimum income not less of the social allowance (€ 5.889) and an insurance policy, valid all over the national territory, that covers illnesses and accidents.

The documents that certify the educational qualification can be showed within 60 days of the request, if it is immediately avaible, but the income must be showed toghether with the fiscal documents and it can be not only a bank resources.
Moreover, the job loss does not constitute a reason for the denial of the permit of stay of the foreign worker and his/her family. The foreign worker, who has a permit of stay for subordinate work, but loses his/her work, even for voluntary resignation, can be enrolled in the list of the unemployed workers for the remaining period of the permit of stay and not less of 6 mounths.

It is possible to request the permit of stay for pending employment, 30 days before its expiry and not more than its expiry. When the permit of stay is obtained, it is necessary to confirm at the City Hall, within 60 days of the renewal, the usual residence.

Are you in need of more information on how to obtain your entry permit or residence permit in Italy?