What are cookies and what are they for
A cookie is a text file that a website, visited by a user, sends to their terminal where it is stored and then retransmitted to that site on a following visit.
Cookies are distinguished: based on the person who installs them on the user’s terminal, depending on whether it is the same operator of the website that the user is visiting (so-called “first-party cookies”) or a different website, which installs cookies through the first website (so-called “third party cookies”);
based on the purpose of each cookie: some cookies allow the website, which installed them, to remember, for example, the preferences expressed by the user while browsing or to make a purchase or authenticate (so-called “technical cookies”), others cookies allow the website, that installed them, to monitor the user’s navigation also for the purpose of sending advertising or offering services in line with the preferences expressed by the user while surfing the net (so-called “profiling cookies”). Only profiling cookies require the user’s prior consent for their use. First-party technical cookies and third-party profiling cookies are installed on the website, as described in the table below.
Technical cookies are used for the sole purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide such service”.
Technical cookies can be divided into:
- navigation or session cookies, which guarantee normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas);
- analytics cookies (e.g. Google Analytics), assimilated to technical cookies where used directly by the website operator to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the website;
- functionality cookies, which allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected standards (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered to the same.
It should be noted in particular that the Google Analytics tool used on this website collects the IP address of visitors to provide an indication of their geographical location. This method is known as IP geolocation. Google Analytics does not report information related to the actual IP addresses of visitors.
Profiling cookies are designed to create user profiles and are used in order to send advertising messages, consistant with preferences expressed by the same in the context of surfing the net. This website also uses profiling cookies managed by third parties. These cookies – listed below and for which user consent is required – are used for advertising services, targeting for advertising purposes, personalization of the content present, tracking and optimization of performance.
Ways to express consent to profiling cookies
Information pursuant to art. 13 of EU Reg. 2016/679
In relation to information collected by the cookies which have been installed directly on the website, the data controller states the following:
- data are collected only for the purposes and for the duration indicated as follows and are processed electronically;
- regarding “technical” cookies, it is reiterated that the use of these cookies does not require the prearranged consent of the user since these are cookies necessary to allow navigation within the website and its correct functioning. In the event of removal of technical cookies through browser settings, navigation on the website may not be, in whole or in part, possible;
Finally, with reference to third-party cookies, please note that the purposes of the cookies, the logics underlying the related treatments as well as the management of user preferences with respect to the cookies themselves are not determined and/or verified by the Owner but by the third party that provides them, as supplier and owner of the treatment.
The website uses the following third-party cookies:
ex: Google Analytics is a service used by website managers to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the website, and therefore serve to keep track of user behavior on the website and consequently also to elaborate general statistics on the service offered by the Insurance Italy site and on its use.
Google may use personal data to contextualize and personalize the advertisements of its advertising network.
Setting up cookies
How to disable cookies?
Most browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) are configured to accept cookies. The cookies stored on your device’s hard drive can still be deleted and it is also possible to disable cookies by following the instructions provided by the main browsers, at the following links:
This report is not intended to be used by minors. we understand the importance of protecting children’s information, especially in an “online” environment, and we do not consciously collect or process children’s data.