Entry Visa

The entry visa is permission granted to foreigners when crossing the external borders and, therefore, for entry into the Italian territory.
Remember that you are considered foreign citizens outside the European Union (Schengen Area).
Let us look at the different types of visa:

  • Uniform Schengen Visas (USV) that allow the holder to circulate on the territory of all Member States of the Schengen area for short stays up to 90 days, calculated from the date of first entry into the Schengen space.
  • Visas with limited territorial validity (LTV), which instead allows the holder to circulate only within the territory of the Member State that issued it.
  • Airport transit visas, which allow the holder to transit through the international transit area of one or more airports in the United States.
  • Visas for longer stays or national (VN) entitling the holder to admission to a long stay in the Member State which issued it and the free movement within the Schengen area for a period of time equal to and not more than 90 days.

What documents are needed to apply for an entry visa?
Visa application to which to attach a passport photo, a valid travel document and, where required, the documentation specific to the type of visa requested.

The alien must be indicated:

1. purpose of the journey;

2. means of sustenance for the journey and the stay;

3. housing conditions.

Difference between the duration of the visa and the visa’s validity:

In any visa to enter two values ​​are expressed thunderstorms:
Duration: actual period of residence Maximum capacity;
Validity: time within which the visa can be enjoyed for its durability.
The validity of a visa is generally greater than its length. The validity sets from which and to which day visa can be benefited.
The visa will expire on the last day indicated by the validity and before that date the alien is required to leave the Schengen area.

Where to apply for entry visa?
Italian embassies and consulates in the country of habitual residence or origin.